Frequently asked questions
What is the purpose of the WalmartGivesNWA?
Through our partners, GivePulse and Network for Good, Walmart wants to help support the Northwest Arkansas nonprofits that are supported by NWA associates and community members. We also want to help associates connect with others to drive positive impact for those organizations. WalmartGivesNWA will only take place between June 8th – Aug 23rd.
What are the total WalmartGivesNWA amounts?
There is a volunteer matching total amount of $1,000,000 during the WalmartGivesNWA timeframe, and an associate donation matching total amount of $1,000,000 during the WalmartGivesNWA timeframe. This means for the between June 8th and August 23rd, Walmart may match up to $2,000,000 total to support Northwest Arkansas nonprofits.
What if I am getting an error message about 2 step authentication (via Walmart's Single Sign On Process)?
Go to WMLINK/2STEP
Note: if that does not work for you, go to: two-step-verification.html
Choose which option you want to use for verification
How long is the WalmartGivesNWA?
- • June 8th to August 23rd.
- • Matching grant requests must be submitted in GivePulse by August 23rd at 11:59PM (EST).
- • Organizations will have until August 24th at 11:59PM (EST) to verify donation matching grants.
- • Only organizations that appear on the WalmartGivesNWA group on GivePulse are eligible to participate on WalmartGivesNWA. These organizations are limited to nonprofit organizations that have a current 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status and are listed in the IRS Master File with an address in Benton or Washington county.
- • Organizations may be required to agree to certain other terms and conditions as part of claiming their GivePulse site (https://www.givepulse.com/terms) or as part of the verification process.
- • Confirm the organization’s nonprofit tax status with a staff member of the organization. They must have a 501(c)(3) tax status and be in the IRS Master Data File with a mailing address in Northwest Arkansas (Benton or Washington county) to be considered eligible.
- o You can look up the IRS status of an organization by searching its Legal Name and/or Tax ID # on GuideStar (here).
- • If you find your organization on the GivePulse platform, but they have not yet claimed their account, you can send them a link to their GivePulse page to register.
- • You can also provide the organization the following URL to create an account and go through the verification process: WalmartGivesNWA.com
- • If you need further support, please contact us here: https://walmartsupport.givepulse.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Which organizations are eligible to receive a matching grant?
What if I cannot find the organization that I am looking to donate to?
Who do I contact if I have additional questions?
If you have additional questions, please contact us here: https://walmartsupport.givepulse.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Any nonprofit found to have made false representations relating to certifying an associate donation may be blocked from using the WalmartGivesNWA platform and may be banned from all other Walmart.org giving programs going forward.
- How can I volunteer and get a match through WalmartGivesNWA?
- What is different about WalmartGivesNWA from Walmart’s current Volunteerism Always Pays (VAP) and Event VAP programs?
- Is there a difference between group and individual volunteer events during the WalmartGivesNWA timeframe?
- Do all volunteer hours need to occur at the same time and place to qualify for a volunteer match?
- What are the matching grant levels for volunteerism?
- What is considered compensation?